Updates from Summer/Fall 2014:
- On November 6-8, Thom will be in Denmark for the Copenhagen Book Fair. He will join 62 other Danish translators who are guests of the Danish Arts Foundation. On Friday, November 7th, he will read his translations of Annemette Kure Andersen at SPOT, one of the venues at the book fair.
- Thom has received a 2014 PEN/Heim Translation Fund Grant. The grant supports his translations of the Danish poet Per Aage Brandt.
- Modern Poetry in Translation (2014, no. 2) featured several of Thom’s newest translations of Per Aage Brandt.
- “The Bridge to Stoya,” Thom’s translation of a short story written by Danish author Brian P. Ørnbøl, appeared in the June issue of the Irish webzine Colony.
- At the end of May, Thom participated in the founding seminar for the U.S. / Denmark Translation Network. The seminar was held at the Danish Consulate in New York City.
- The Stages, Thom’s first novel, is now available in a hardcover edition from Mystery Guild.