Updates from Fall/Winter 2014:
- The literary journal Metamorphoses plans to publish three of Thom’s recent translations of the Danish poet Per Aage Brandt.
- The Stages, Thom’s first novel, will be published in a paperback edition! Crooked Lane Books plans to have it available by the fall of 2015.
- Washington Square has accepted three new translations of poems by Annemette Kure Andersen. The work will appear in their next issue.
- Thom visited Denmark in early November, in conjunction with the Copenhagen Book Fair. He and 62 other Danish translators were invited as guests of the Danish Arts Foundation. On Friday, November 7th, he read some of his translations of Annemette Kure Andersen at SPOT, one of the venues at the book fair.
- Thom has received a 2014 PEN/Heim Translation Fund Grant. The grant supports his translations of the Danish poet Per Aage Brandt.
Older News (2014):
- Modern Poetry in Translation (2014, no. 2) featured several of Thom’s newest translations of Per Aage Brandt.
- “The Bridge to Stoya,” Thom’s translation of a short story written by Danish author Brian P. Ørnbøl, appeared in the June issue of the Irish webzine Colony.
- At the end of May, Thom participated in the founding seminar for the U.S. / Denmark Translation Network. The seminar was held at the Danish Consulate in New York City.
- The Stages, Thom’s first novel, is now available in a hardcover edition from Mystery Guild.